When Max first inquired about WIOA services, he was living in a camper located on his father’s property. The camper provided shelter but during the cold Wisconsin winters, Max wanted something much more efficient. He was tired of moving from job to job, so he decided it was the right time to invest in a trade that would allow him self sustaining employment.
He successfully completed his DOT (Department of Trasnsportation) Physical and a TIP (Temporary Instructors Permit) prior to the start of attending a 160-Hour Class A CDL training course. Max stayed tat the training facilities lodging quarters and attended classes daily.
He “got it into gear” and successfully completed all training requirements set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Max now resides in Florida, in his own home and drives truck for a local company that offered him a competitive wage and benefits.
Congratulations on a job well done!
About the WIOA Adult & Dislocated Worker’s Service Program
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program assists individuals obtain employment or assistance with additional training to retain or advance the individual’s employment opportunities. Newcap has WIOA Career Service Specialists located at the Marinette County Job Center.
The responsibilities of the WIOA Career Service Specialists include the following:
- Provide WIOA and Job Center service orientations to individuals.
- Determine eligibility for individuals referred to the WIOA program.
- Review customer prerequisite for training, including career planning and labor market information.
- Provide training information, assist with training application process including financial aide.
- Create a service strategy to obtain occupational goals with assistance of WIOA services.
- Coordinate and refer to other Job Center partners or community resources for additional services as necessary.
- Provide employment search assistance upon completion of training.
- Provide support services and follow-up services.
For application process and eligibility please go to: http://www.newcap.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=291&action=edit
Funded through the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act by the Bay Area Workforce Development Board and Newcap, Inc., an equal opportunity employer and proud partner of the American Job Center Network.