Learn more below about current donations needed.
For any questions or you would like to donate food or items for our housing programs, please contact us at 1-800-242-7334.
Learn more below about current volunteers needed.
Newcap Needs YOU!
With 31 different programs established to help people get out of poverty, there is much work to be done! How can YOU be a part of lessening the impact of poverty in your communities?
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Are you looking to make a difference in your community?
Do you have some extra time to spare on your hands?
We have some great opportunities to help you fulfill these exact goals below!
1. Volunteer Drivers: Help Newcap clients from either Marinette, Oconto, or Green Bay get to where they need to go safely in one of our Newcap vehicles. Must be over 21, have a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance. To sign up by location, click on city name: Crivitz.
2. Point-in-Time Volunteers: Looking for those night owls that would like to volunteer overnight in all of our 10 counties. The objective is to walk around with a Newcap employee to find anyone who may be homeless and give them information about local programs and services offered by Newcap, including our new homeless shelter in Green Bay, The Center for Advocating, Believing, and Achieving. There are only two times per year that this is done (January 27th and July 28th). The count is done overnight. To sign up by county, click on the county name: Brown, Florence, Forest, Langlade, Marinette, Menominee, Oconto, Oneida, Shawano, or Vilas.
3. Pantry Day Volunteer: Help clients receive food and make sure the pantry is stocked on Pantry Days at one of our three food pantries (Crandon, Marinette or Oconto). To sign up by pantry, click on the name: Crandon, Marinette or Oconto.
4. Food Handling and Shipment Volunteer: Assist in unloading trucks and storing food so clients can receive food on pantry days at one of our three food pantries (Crandon, Marinette or Oconto). To sign up by pantry, click on the name: Crandon, Marinette or Oconto.
5. Food Prep Volunteer: Prepare boxes of food to be sent to families unable to make it to the pantry on pantry days at one of our three food pantries (Crandon, Marinette or Oconto). To sign up by pantry, click on the name: Crandon, Marinette or Oconto.
Contact us for more information on future volunteer opportunities! For a full list of volunteer opportunties or to sign up follow this link:
Meet our Volunteer Coordinator
Tammy Moyer, Volunteer Program Coordinator VISTA
Tammy Moyer was born in Marinette and graduated with honors from Menominee High School, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College and the University of Bridgeport. She is currently finishing her second Bachelor's Degree in Marketing Management. She enjoys traveling and has been to all 50 states. She also enjoys playing darts and was born a Green Bay Packers fan! For the next year, she has committed herself as an AmeriCorps Volunteer in Service to America, serving with Newcap. Tammy's role this year is to create a volunteer network to further Newcap's mission and to engage the communities in which they support. Tammy is passionate about this role as this is where she is from and she wanted the opportunity to make a difference.