NEWCAP BLOGFeb 18, 2021
Comments Off on Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance (WERA) Program
Wisconsin residents that have experienced a significant loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic and need help with their rent can apply. Brown County funds can be used for utility arrears (heat, electric, water & sewer, and trash).
- The applicant has attained the age of 18
- The applicant is a Wisconsin resident, and is listed on a current leas for housing in Wisconsin
- At least one or more individuals in the household meets the following criteria:
- Qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a significant reduction in income, incurred significant costs, or experienced financial hardship during the period of the COVID-19 public health emergency
- Demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing stability; and
- Has a household income at or below 80 percent of CMI.
- An eligible household that occupies a federally subsidized residential or mixed-use property may receive WERA assistance, provided that WERA funds are not applied to costs that have been or will be reimbursed under any other federal assistance.
- NO Social Security Number is required to apply for or receive assistance