NEWCAP BLOGFeb 18, 2021
Comments Off on Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance (WERA) Program
Wisconsin residents that have experienced a significant loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic and need help with their rent can apply. Brown County funds can be used for utility arrears (heat, electric, water & sewer, and trash).
- The applicant has attained the age of 18
- The applicant is a Wisconsin resident, and is listed on a current leas for housing in Wisconsin
- At least one or more individuals in the household meets the following criteria:
- 1. Qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a significant reduction in income, incurred significant costs, or experienced financial hardship during the period of the COVID-19 public health emergency
- 2. Demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing stability; and
- 3. Has a household income at or below 80 percent of CMI.
- 4. An eligible household that occupies a federally subsidized residential or mixed-use property may receive WERA assistance, provided that WERA funds are not applied to costs that have been or will be reimbursed under any other federal assistance.
Complete intake form and below online prescreen to determine initial eligibility.