NEWCAP BLOGApr 12, 2017
Comments Off on WIOA Adult & Dislocated Workers Service Program
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program assists individuals obtain employment or assistance with additional training to retain or advance the individual’s employment opportunities. Newcap has WIOA Career Service Specialists located at the Marinette County Job Center, Oconto County Job Center and on a itinerate schedule at the Florence County Job Center.
The responsibilities of the WIOA Career Service Specialists include the following:
- Provide WIOA and Job Center services orientations to individuals
- Determine eligibility for individuals referred to the WIOA program
- Review customer prerequisite for training, including career planning and labor market information
- Provide training information, assist with training application process including financial aide
- Create a service strategy to obtain occupational goals with assistance of WIOA services
- Coordinate and refer to other Job Center partners or community resources for additional services as necessary
- Provide employment search assistance upon completion of training
- Provide support services and follow-up services
The application process varies based on services needed. Contact your local Job Center for additional information.
Please also fill out our Intake Form here.
- Marinette County Job Center
1605 University Drive, Marinette, WI 54143