NEWCAP BLOGApr 12, 2017
Comments Off on Community Revitalization Program
The objectives of the Community Revitalization committee are to: · Prevent hazardous health conditions and code violations, prevent blighted and deteriorated properties and neighborhoods, improve the quality of housing stock for low-moderate income persons, provide financial assistance to low to moderate property owners for housing rehabilitation, stimulate public and private investment in target areas or neighborhoods.
If your household meets the following criteria, you may be eligible to receive a loan with as little as 0% interest or possibly even a grant to make eligible improvements to your home.
- Own the home you live in and it must be your primary residence.
- Have equity in your home and are up to date on your property taxes. If you do not have equity and are not up to date on your taxes, your household may still be eligible, this will be determined on a case by case basis.
- Allow an inspection of the home.
What are some examples of USDA eligible improvements?
- Accessibility improvements
- Plumbing and electrical repairs
- Basement and foundation repairs
- Gutters and down spouts
- Roof repair or replacement
- Siding and painting
- Storm doors, windows, etc.
- Sewer lateral repairs
- Heating system repair
- Refinancing options
Use our eligibility calculator to find out if you may be eligible for this program.
If you feel that you meet the criteria above and would like additional information please contact the program contact.